We would like to thank everyone for their support as we made an overnight transition from a very successful dine-in restaurant to a curbside pick-up to-go, delivery, wine & cocktail kit, business. It certainly has been a challenging few months. With that said, we cannot put into words how excited we are to reopen our dining rooms!! We are a social species and the physical/mental health benefits of face to face human interaction are well documented.
Phase 4 is officially here as of Friday, June 26th.
We will continue to maintain the strictest sanitation practices, per usual and have updated some of the information below to reflect new, Phase 4 allowances and expectations. You can read more about Governor Pritzker’s IL state requirements, here.
- Increased frequency of sanitizing flat surfaces, bathrooms, and high touch point areas.
- Hand sanitizer available at multiple locations for guests and team members.
- Strict and documented opening/closing cleaning procedures.
- 6′ spacing between tables indoors and on the patio. For this reason, there will be reduced availability of tables.
- Limited patrons to 10 per table.
- PPE worn by customers and team members as required by state and local authorities.
- “Reserved Seating’s Mostly” Policy: We encourage reserved seating’s of any party size up to 6 by State guidelines.
- Outdoor Host Stand in order to promote proper distancing and no waiting inside the restaurant.
- Tables of 7-10ppl will be most challenging to accommodate. Please try to make your reservations far enough in advance for larger parties.
- Menu simplification to allow us to manage all methods of service (dine-in, to-go, Family Meals, Grubhub delivery, and wine & cocktail kits). This will also allow for more storage and refrigeration, better service, and better labor and inventory management. See the new menu here.
- Beer list simplification. This will also allow us to ensure that we only serve the freshest brews. We will continue to actively rotate tap handles.
- A strict policy on table times limiting to 1.5-2 hours depending on the group size and times in order to allow for proper sanitation between seating’s and to keep on the reservation schedule with our limited table availability.
- Adding additional outdoor seating on the north sidewalk.
In the long term, we hope to get back to the “old normal” supplemented with best practices that we have learned in regard to sanitation and safety. This would include:
- Normal table spacing
- Full bar service
- Full menus
- LOTS OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS
In the meantime, we ask for a little more of your patience while we create, yet another, model for our business. All we want is to be able to provide the hospitality you deserve while following the guidelines set forth by the authorities for the safety of our staff and patrons.
Sandy, Anthony, Scott, Nicolas and Michael with the Entire VAI’s team…